Steve explains that often when companies are doing well, they find it hard to gather motivation and continually make changes so that success continues and they are not faced with a crisis situation.
Steve shares his expertise on the area of time management within the sales leader’s role. He explains that investing time in the best sales person(s), will produce the greatest results overall. He also explains that in sales leadership, these three things are important to focus on:
- Keeping your sales team focused on the most important issues
- Working at making your best sales people even better
- Using your current sales leaders to help develop the next generation of sales leaders.
- Promoting the wrong people in to sales management
- Giving quota to sales managers
- Using sales managers to support weak sales people
Steve shares four main aspects on moving innovation forward in an organization.
- Realizing that innovation is not confined to just a small group of individuals within the company.
- Formulating the right questions, and responding to questions honestly.
- Involve people from all levels and invite them to share their thoughts.
- Understand that innovation encourages management and leaders to do things that are the opposite from what they typically have to do in a day-to-day scenario.